Colorado Recruiting Zone - Commerce City
Commerce City Highlights
- Rocky Mountain Arsenal Wildlife Refuge is a 12,500 acre expanse that is dedicated to the conservation of the prairie and its inhabitants.
- Barr Lake State Park, numerous trails and open spaces highlight the natural beauty of the area.
- Fun Facts
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Park is the home of Colorado’s major league soccer team, The Rapids.
Arts & Culture
- Commerce City residents have many opportunities to spend time with family, meet their neighbors down the block or across town and enjoy the outdoors at the many fun-filled events sponsored by the city. From parades to fireworks to Christmas tree lighting, these events help Commerce City maintain its hometown feel and build on the sense of community shared by city residents.
- United Parcel Service
- Adams County School District
- FedEx Ground Package System, Inc.
- United Food Service, Inc.
- Suncor Energy USA
- Waste Management of Colorado
- No payroll head tax.
- Commerce City is the site of the Suncor Oil Refinery, which produces over 90,000 barrels of oil per day.
- Both the proximity to the Denver International Airport and an established industrial area contribute to Commerce City’s excellent business environment.
- Prairie Gateway in Commerce City is one of the nation’s largest urban development projects, and plans for 917 acres of business, government, retail, open space, and entertainment.