Colorado Recruiting Zone - Longmont
- 1500 acres of parks and open space
- 6 public and private golf courses
- 80 miles of trails
- 29 ski areas within driving distance
- The first store to carry the JC Penney name was located in Longmont
Arts & Culture
- The Longmont Museum and Cultural Center features four exhibit galleries, three classrooms for special events and programs, and an outdoor courtyard, all in a beautiful building with public art, and great views.
- The Longmont Performing Arts Center is a delightful Art Deco movie theatre that the Longmont Theatre Company has renovated into a live play house, featuring an 1100+ square foot stage, dressing rooms, limited back stage space, professional theatrical lighting and sound, and a beautiful lobby, ticketing area and concession stand.
- Longmont United Hospital
- Seagate Technology
- McLane Western
- High-tech makes up about 27 percent of the Longmont employment base, and according to the Software & Information Industry Association, the Boulder-Longmont area has the highest concentration of software-related jobs in the nation.
Despite the difficult economic downturn, which hit the semiconductor industry hard, companies in Longmont, Colorado continue to show important signs of growth. The proximity of Longmont’s data storage cluster, the innovation and contribution of our Colorado labor force and our business-friendly government all contribute to the relocation of semiconductor design companies, and their ability to grow and succeed. This cluster has twelve companies, including Xilinx, Marvell, Intel and Texas Instruments and continues to grow.