Accounting Manager Staffing Denver
Alternate Titles: Accountant, Controller, Senior Accountant
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting and is responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. Accounting Managers manage and supervise other accountants from senior to entry level, and regulate work flow of the teams they manage and lead to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. The Accounting Manager’s position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation.
Education, Experience, & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Business degree with accounting major may qualify
- MBA or CPA may be preferred
- 5-7 years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger
- Specific industry experience may also be required
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems or other large automated accounting systems
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Word and solid expertise in MS Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
Typical Duties May Include:
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Maintain the general ledger
- Assisting with regulatory reporting if required
- Preparing and or reviewing ledger entries and reconciliations
- Oversee or assist with budget and forecast process
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit
Learn more about J Kent Accounting Staffing Services.