Bookkeeper Staffing Denver
Alternate Titles: General Bookkeeper
A Bookkeeper is usually employed by a small business and may or may not be required to have a college education. The bookkeeper may be required to wear several hats including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger accountant, payroll, etc. Companies seek individuals with good communication, organizational and customer service skills. Bookkeepers at this level will work under a senior level Bookkeeper or Accountant to gain deeper on-the-job experience or may report directly to the small business owner.
Typical Duties May Include:
- Processing accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Bank reconciliations; preparing bank deposits
- Responsible for payroll data entry or full payroll processing
- Records transactions in the journals and subsidiary journals.
Education, Experience, & Certifications
- A high school degree is required and some accounting training may be preferred
- Associate Arts Degree, Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance may also be required
- 2+ years' bookkeeping experience to include accounts payable, receivable and bank reconciliation although requirements may differ from one company to another
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook is required; additional technical skills will vary from company to company
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Peachtree, Great Plains etc. or other proprietary accounting software may be required