Alternate Titles: VP Human Resource, HR Manager
The Human Resources Director guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire company.
The Human Resources Director originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The Human Resources Director coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff; reports to the CEO and serves on the executive management team; and assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues.
The major areas typically directed by the HR Director are:
- Recruiting and staffing
- Organizational and space planning
- Performance management and improvement systems
- Organization development
- Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns
- Employee orientation, development, and training
- Policy development and documentation
- Employee relations
- Company-wide committee facilitation
- Company employee and community communication
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Charitable giving
- Employee services and counseling
Depending on an organization's needs, the Human Resources Director may also direct administration, including reception, and may even be responsible for facility security and upkeep in addition to space planning.