Light Labor Staffing Denver
Light laborers manually move freight, stock, or other materials or perform other unskilled general labor. Most have a high school degree or an equivalent. This type of job requires physical strength as well as good communication and comprehension skills.
Typical Duties Include:
- Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
- Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
- Move freight, stock, and other materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, and containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, and other equipment.
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
- Assemble product containers and crates, using hand tools and precut lumber.
- Load and unload ship cargo, using winches and other hoisting devices.
- Connect hoses and operate equipment to move liquid materials into and out of storage tanks on vessels.
- Pack containers and re-pack damaged containers.
- Carry needed tools and supplies from storage or trucks, and return them after use.