Staff Accountant Staffing Denver
Alternate Titles: Accountant, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Staff Accountant, Accounting Manager, Cost Accountant, General Accountant, Accounting Officer, Business Analyst, Accounting Supervisor, Financial Reporting Accountant
Staff Accountants will use a variety of technology from accounting and compliance software to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, financial analysis software and tax preparation software. Staff Accountant positions are found in every industry and their tasks may vary widely depending upon size of company and its structure.
Education, Experience, & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Proficient in MS Word and solid expertise in MS Excel
- 3-5 years’ experience is generally required
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, example SAP, PeopleSoft
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must have strong time-management and organizational skills
- Must have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication and customer service skills
Typical Duties May Include:
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Advise clients in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting or data processing systems, or long-range tax or estate plans.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Provide internal and external auditing services for businesses or individuals.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.