Denver Staffing Agency Finds Entry Level Career Opportunity in Financial Services for Recent College Graduate
|Tiffany - Administrative Assistant Trainee - Financial Services|
- 03/21/2012 |
- 1259 Views
Denver Investment Management Firm Seeks “Complete Package” When Hiring Trainees
As a Denver staffing agency and recruiting firm, J. Kent has conducted search and recruiting services for one of Denver’s premier investment management firms since 1997. Our client, with offices in Colorado and New York specializes in the global equities market throughout multiple industries and works with high profile, national, and international clientele.
Through our years of experience recruiting for this firm, we have identified that when new staff is added, whether administrative, professional or entry-level, all candidates presented to the client must be “the complete package”. Such was the case with a recent search for an Administrative Assistant Trainee for this financial services organization.
Key to Finding Top Entry-Level Candidates: Right Attitude, Aptitude, Skills, and Strong Work Ethic
What was important to the client was not a degree in finance or a related field, but more importantly, the right attitude, aptitude, skills, the right cultural fit, and a strong work ethic. These requirements were basic. As the search progressed for this full-time, Administrative Assistant Trainee position, hundreds of recent college graduates submitted resumes and expressed strong interest in this financial services industry opportunity. However, only a few made the final cut to interview with our client.
After several rounds of interviews, background and reference checking, the CEO and his key management staff identified J. Kent Candidate, Tiffany, a recent college graduate and honor student as their top pick. A job offer was extended and Tiffany was thrilled to have found her first entry into the corporate world with a highly respected, national organization offering exceptional compensation package, rich benefits and an opportunity to earn a significant annual performance based bonus.
Why Was Tiffany Identified as the Top Candidate for This Administrative Assistant Trainee Position?
Tiffany graduated in 2011 from the University of South Carolina with a BS in Sports and Entertainment Management and a 3.63 GPA. Although she graduated with honors and was on the Dean’s and President’s List, during her job search she found that full-time jobs were scarce in this difficult job market, especially in her major field of study. With so many recent college graduates to choose from, why did our global, investment management service client identify Tiffany as their top candidate? Here is what Tiffany presented:
- College degree – a specific job requirement
- Academic excellence - a high GPA, Dean’s List, President’s List
- Participated in relevant, extracurricular school activities
- Excellent computer skills
- A strong career drive
- Some meaningful, business-related work experience through two relevant internships that drew attention to her leadership skills, work ethic, ability to multi-task, make decisions, prioritize, ability to work as a team player, responsibility, and dependability
- Excellent verbal and written skills, professional business presentation, outgoing, flexible, people oriented personality, and a great positive attitude
Tiffany’s Work Day Today: Monday – Friday, 6:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Today Tiffany is part of a hard-working investment management team working a demanding 6:30 am – 4:30 pm work day. As the organization’s entry-level trainee she is exposed to global financial markets in multiple industries and is learning and growing as she slowly begins to absorb the many complex facets of the financial services industry. She works closely with the firm’s demanding, hard-working CEO and team of portfolio managers, traders and stock analysts. As a trainee, and under direction and training from senior staff, she supports the team and her varied responsibilities include:
- Conduct Internet research on financial products
- Co-ordinate meetings and conference calls
- Prepare marketing materials
- Provide excellent customer service to high profile clientele
- Support portfolio managers, traders and analysts with earnings reporting and financial data using proprietary databases, Excel, and other financial software
Congratulations Tiffany on your first full-time, corporate job in Denver, Colorado!