No doubt, Colorado’s growing and legal cannabis industry has sparked a lot of debate, politics, and emotion. Regardless of one’s views, it’s a fact that new jobs have been created and Colorado residents have found employment opportunities with many different types of companies that support the cannibas industry. One of J. Kent’s new clients sells natural-based nutrients to large-scale cannabis cultivators. Their Denver distribution center had a newly created need (definition: job creation!) for a Warehouse and Operations Lead to assist 75% in the warehouse and in the office the other 25% supporting administration and operations. This was a unique blend of job responsibilities, requiring a hands-on person to assist with shipping, receiving, and inventory in the warehouse, but also with computer and organizational skills to ensure the office runs smoothly and efficiently.
J. Kent Staffing commenced a Temp-to-Hire search and quickly identified Kelsey as a top candidate for the position. Kelsey grew up in California and first came to Denver through Americorps. Not one to sit at a desk all day and with a passion for exploring, she next worked as a Baggage Handler for Southwest Airlines for 7+ years which allowed her to live in some great U.S. cities such as Nashville, Dallas, and – of course – Denver. In the end, as for many others, Kelsey decided to make Denver her permanent home.
After only 1 interview, our client wasted no time in getting Kelsey started. A few weeks into the temp-to-hire period, the company’s Operations Manager in Denver left and the company restructured. It was uncertain for a while what was going to happen with Kelsey’s new job, but in the end, they offered her a full-time Warehouse Manager position after just 1 month where she will be responsible for running and overseeing the Denver distribution center. A phenomenal opportunity with a rapidly growing organization!